TenCate Protective Fabrics knows what it means for firefighters to rush into harm’s way. It takes a special breed to face those challenges on a regular basis. To be successful means getting in, doing the job and getting out safely.
To make sure that happens, firefighters need the best protection that they can get. With so many choices on the market, it’s hard to be sure that the turn out gear they choose meets the most stringent standards. No firefighter has the time to worry about the integrity of their gear. They deserve the best outer shell fabrics out there and TenCate makes sure that they’re available.
With over 90 years’ experience in the engineering of inherently FR textiles, TenCate Protective Fabrics can take the worry and confusion out of the process.
- More firefighters in North America are protected by PBI® fabrics than any other fabrics
- TenCate provides the outer shells with the most PBI® protection on the market.
- PBI-blended outer shells have been trusted in the fire service for over 30 years for their increased thermal performance, comfort, and durability.
- TenCate sets the pace as the world’s leading supplier of inherently flame-resistant fabrics for emergency responders.
Take the time to find out for yourself. Here’s where you can learn about the best outer shells in the world. Stop wondering about the safety of your gear. Get your mind focused on getting the job done and getting out safely.
Brands you love… Names you can trust…
A good outer shell can make or break a firefighter’s turnout gear. When it comes to protection, there’s a reason why PBI and TenCate are the most trusted names in the fire service.
- Every yarn in Kombat™ Flex is reinforced with PBI® fiber
- A balanced fabric that provides strength and protection in every direction
- Unique Twill weave provides greater ease of movement
- Excellent elasticity with 20% stretch
- Lightweight feel and appearance
- Twill weave for enhanced comfort
- Proven protection of PBI® and Kevlar®
- Filament grid provides added strength and every filament is wrapped in PBI® yarns
- Grid provides traditional rip stop appearance without uneven surface to reduce abrasion